I am also a Wife. And a Mom. And a Daughter. And a Mom. And a Friend. And a Sister. And a Mom. It is apparent in my Art. And in my Photography.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Boy

The circumstances surrounding our adoption of James are difficult to say the least.  Frank says I gave up a lot to adopt him, but when I look at this child who is MY BOY, I see his beautiful face surrounded by the "things I gave up."  He is my boy, and everything around him is blurred and completely insignificant.
I didn't bond with him right away like Frank did.  It took a few months before I was completely in love with him... I fell in love with this boy.  It was not love at first sight as it was with Gabe and Taylor.  Now that doesn't matter.  He's over a year old now, and I'm even more in love with him than I was when I first fell in love.  I think that's the way it's supposed to be with anyone you really love.  I'm certainly more in love with Frank than I was when we first got married.  The more we know a person, the larger the capacity for love is. 
I still get a little freaked out whenever I let my thoughts even glimpse the possible future of James.  It's easy for me to believe the lie that I will raise him wrong.  I do see it as a lie, though, and I trust in my God to help me do right where James is concerned, just as He does with the rest of my kiddos.
Oh how unfair it is that we ended up with this boy who is MY BOY.  Oh how unfair that God should love me so much and entrust ME to raise him.  The love of God is folly.  And thank my God that it is.  I cherish His gift.

1 comment:

  1. I'm apparently really late reading this post...sorry 'bout that. I just wanted to tell you I'm so thankful for your willingness to be so transparent. Anyone who sees you with YOUR boy can easily see that you truly are in total love w/ him! I'm learning so much by observing you as a wife and as a mom. Thanks for being you, Hannah. I'm blessed to know you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete